Miss Norsk Høstfest Qualifications
About Miss Norsk Høstfest Crowning
Miss Norsk Høstfest is an excellent opportunity to meet new friends while celebrating her Scandinavian heritage. Candidates must meet specific qualifications in order to be considered for the Miss Norsk Høstfest title Judges will be looking for someone with a friendly personality who is eager to meet the public (particularly Norsk Høstfest patrons), an articulate speaker willing to give interviews, and interested in Scandinavian heritage. Miss Norsk Høstfest candidates will be required to compete in an interview round. Shall the Miss Norsk Høstfest title winner desire to move on to compete at the state level, guidance and prep will be given by the Miss Norsk Høstfest Pageant team.
The Miss Norsk Høstfest title winner will receive a $750 scholarship, a spot in the Miss North Dakota pageant (if she so desires to compete further), a Norsk Høstfest gift pack (Laila courtesy of Geir Ness, Troentorp Swedish clogs, VIP tickets to all Great Hall shows), and the ultimate award - the crown & title of Miss Norsk Høstfest 2018!
To learn about the qualifications and competition, see below
Norsk Høstfest Qualifications
1. Must be of Scandinavian heritage (Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, or Swedish).
2. Must be unmarried, no children and between the ages of 17 to 24.
3. A senior in high school, high school graduate or successfully completed G.E.D. testing program.
4. Be involved in her community through service, volunteerism or the support of local or national causes.
5. Must be available to attend this year’s Norsk Høstfest (Sept 26- 29, 2018) and take part in the variety of activities during the festival.
6. Must be willing to represent Norsk Høstfest at other specified occasions throughout the coming year, including the Sept. 22, 2018, Minot Homecoming Parade, September 22-23 Scandinavian Youth Camp, Opening Ticket Sales Day 2019, and the NDSF Parade (July 2019).
7. Must never have been a Miss Norsk Høstfest title holder before.
Miss Norsk Høstfest Interview Process
1. Submit an application (application process is now closed for 2018)
2. Attend the formal interview process.