Norsk Høstfest Executive Director (The position has been filled)
We are looking for an energetic, creative person who has an enthusiasm for organizing, directing, and building an event that will inspire Scandinavians and the rest of the world to travel to Norsk Høstfest.
As the Executive Director, you’ll work closely with volunteers, visitors, corporate sponsors, community leaders, entertainers, chefs, Scandinavians, and many more. You’ll be the chief innovator and leader in creating the largest and most fun Scandinavian festival in North America! This person will love to travel and have the right mix of strategic thinking, planning, and budget management skills.
The Executive Director creates and oversees the direction, planning, and execution of the Scandinavian festival known as Norsk Høstfest, including fund-raising and development.
The Executive Director will report to the Norsk Høstfest President and Board of Directors.
- Five years of successful business, non-profit, and/or festive experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated leadership with strategic planning, policy, and budgets.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write and speak persuasively about Norsk Høstfest.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Ability to travel and have an available driver’s license and passport.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expense budget.
- Collaborate with the Norsk Høstfest Board of Directors to create a strategy for increasing revenues.
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Develop policies and procedures which reflect ethical practices.
- Develop ways to grow the finances of the organization and create new opportunities for corporate sponsors and supporters.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with the community, state, and Scandinavian leaders.
- Develop a plan to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade festival profit centers.
- Manage the volunteer database.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communication plan.
- Research and book entertainment for the festival.
- Review and write contributor/sponsor contracts and get renewals.
- Base salary: $75,000
- Health Insurance
- 401K retirement plan