Be Aware of 3rd Party Resale Sites
August 21, 2019
Please read as this is important for all event-goers.
Please be aware of 3rd party resale sites that resell Norsk Høstfest concert tickets at inflated rates. These sites sell event tickets often at double the face value by either up charging on the ticket or adding fees to the order. Resale sites are legal and state they are a "resale site" with a disclaimer often found at the top or right-hand side of the web page that says something to the effect "We are a resale marketplace. Prices may be above face value." When calling resale box offices (often an 800 number), the agents typically say they are a "reseller". Resellers target ALL events -- this is not just a Høstfest issue, but a national issue. Always be in the habit of looking for the word "resale" on any event ticket website or simply asking the agent if they are a reseller.
Who is the official ticket seller for Norsk Høstfest?
Tickets.com, in conjunction with hostfest.com, is the official ticketing agency. Look for the Norsk Høstfest trademarked logo in the left-hand corner when purchasing tickets. Simply go to hostfest.com to securely access our ticketing system.
All other ticket sites such as Tickets-Center, Secure Box Office, StubHub, Box Office Ticket Sales, North Dakota Events Finder, TicketNetwork, etc., are NOT authorized sellers and are not authorized to display the Høstfest logos. Please note that purchasing tickets outside of hostfest.com may result in fraudulent tickets, overpaying for tickets, or purchase of tickets that cannot be used for entry. Unfortunately, any ticket purchased through a third-party reseller can not be exchanged and/or refunded by Norsk Høstfest.
How Can I Make Sure I'm On The Correct Site?
1. Go to hostfest.com. Type in hostfest.com in your internet address bar (the long white bar at the very top of your web browser) to directly access hostfest.com. Avoid searching on Google/Yahoo/Bing for Høstfest as resellers will have paid ads at the very top of search results (as indicated by a small box that says "ad" beside their website link). If you must search, please chose options that take you to www.hostfest.com.
2. Confirm Norsk Høstfest's logo/brand. Check for Høstfest's blue backgrounds, Nordic flags, and our official Norsk Høstfest logo. Resellers cannot use trademarked logos.
3. Look for the word "resale" or "reseller". If you are questioning the authenticity of any site - first look for a disclaimer that mentions "resale tickets". Resale sites are required by law to disclose they resell tickets and that the tickets being purchased may be above face value.
4. Confirm Pricing! Tickets to ANY Norsk Høstfest Great Hall show are:
- Platinum: $111
- Prime: $98
- Regular: $76
The ONLY additional fees you will incur through hostfest.com are:
- Online Order fee: $2.11/ticket
- Mailing fee: $5.28
If you are finding tickets that are priced higher than $111 for a single concert, or that fees are more than $2.11/ticket, please exit your browser and go to our official site www.hostfest.com.
5. Direct Order! If you have ANY concerns, please feel free to place your order directly through our Box Office by calling (701) 852-2368. Or visit our office at 1020 S Broadway, Minot ND 58701 from 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday.
Finally - Make It Known
Currently, North Dakota law does not make ticket scalping (higher-priced tickets) illegal. If you feel this needs to change, please contact your local N.D. representative or call the ND Consumer Protection Division and ask them to protect event consumers.
ND Consumer Protection Division: 701-328-3404
AG email: email@example.com
Mailing Address: 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Department 125
Bismarck, ND 58505