Volunteers are the backbone of Norsk Høstfest. Norsk Høstfest relies on nearly 4,000 volunteers to bring North America’s largest Scandinavian festival to life. No job is too small when it comes to making sure our guests have a wonderful experience. Whether it's your first time attending the festival or a favorite fall tradition, volunteering at Norsk Høstfest plugs you into a community that last year-round.
"You don't measure value in only dollars and cents, but in accomplishments and in what you do. I find a lot of value in that -- in helping out." -- Gary Ellingson, Norsk Høstfest volunteer
There are several areas that volunteers are needed including:
Chairman Roles: These lead roles help make the festival an amazing experience for our volunteers and attendees alike. This role takes place over the entire festival (with some prep work prior) and makes sure their area runs smoothly and effiently. Chairman function as the liaison between volunteers in a specific area and proper personnel. To learn about the various Chairman positions available, please contact Deb Sisco, Volunteer Coordinator.
Ticketing: Helping customers purchase tickets to Norsk Høstfest via computer. Can volunteer throughout the year in this position or during the festival in ticketing or at the will call window.
Promotion/Flyer Distribution/Booth Work: Word of mouth is an important part of Norsk Høstfest. And so is signage and flyers. Høstfest is always looking for volunteers who are willing to distribute flyers/brochures to various places throughout the course of the year. So whether it be at picnics in Arizona or a family trip to Bismarck, we would love to be a part of your travels. Volunteers are also needed to be "on call" for delivery trip when needed (aka brochure delivery to Fargo, etc) .For more detail on needs, feel free to reach out to Leann Mellum at email@example.com.
Construction: We are looking for abled bodied people who are knowledgeable with tools! The "Tool Box Crew" are needed prior to the festival during set up (usually the week before) and during move out (Saturday night/Sunday and Monday after festival) to help take down display pieces.
And many more! We have hundreds of areas you can volunteer in from decorating to serving food to welcoming guests! Check out the application and simply select areas that are of interest to you! Thank you for your help!
Festival Volunteer Benefits (minimum 4-hour shift)
• 10% off En To Tre lunch
• 25% off one item at Souvenir Butikk during the festival
• Eligibility for Volunteer of the Year award program
• Volunteer lunch (for volunteers signed up to help setup / tear down)
• A volunteer pass into the festival the day of work
• Access to RSVP program and benefits (for those 55+).
• The week of Høstfest (September 23-28, 2019): Show your 2019 Volunteer Festival Participation Pass with your name on it at the Box Office window and receive one (1) concert ticket at a discount rate of $42.39 (plus tax/ fee = $50) in any section of the Great Hall. Any additional tickets purchased are at regular price. Volunteers can redeem their benefits after completing service hours (example: a volunteer who helped with a project in April can redeem benefits upon completion of hours).
Please submit your volunteer list! Click here to download.